Friday, March 02, 2007

More from the land of milk an' honey

This seems to keep showing up.

Enough to make me wonder.

Then, there's this article from yesterday. It was about stuff and I can't find it now. Whatever.

So I did find this one.

I'm just a little bummed out by this information. When I was in high school, tracking students to college was the thing to do. Everyone was going to college to get a degree and a good paying job. No one ever took the time to say, "Hey, these assholes from the credit card companies want to turn you into their slave. They'll do their darndest, more so than the armed forces recruiters. You would be better served by staying away from them at all costs." Instead, they educated us to not use drugs.

So now, I abuse drugs to escape from the predicament. I still believe I can do anything. But I don't think that I'm good enough for anyone to really notice. Just an average Thimble-thumper pushing the shopping cart down the street picking up cans to recycle for change.

6 comments:

samandmegan said...

As your personal physician, you must know that I can't condone your abuse of drugs. I would prefer to think you are exercising and eating well to escape your predicament...
ME

Anonymous said...

I love that Bushtard is having a $2000 a plate meeting about bankruptcy. That pretty much says it all.

Gawd, I hate 'em!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I enjoy "The Land of Rape and Honey" a song by my favorite band Ministry.

RicketyFunk said...

I think I own a copy of that album. It's buried somewhere in a pile of CDs that are wrapped up in cling-wrap.

It's not as preferred as Filth Pig. I, for some reason, like that album a lot.

Anonymous said...

You know, I have that cd and I did not like it when I first got it. But, you have inspired me to relisten to it. I will do that tonight and see if I have the same thought. In fact, as big a Cure fan as I am I don't listen to "Disintegration" enough. I will pop that one in the player also.
Thanx Rickety! You have shown me the light and it's really feckin' bright. :)

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! I forgot that their cover of "Lay Lady Lay" and "Reload" were on this album. The beginning of their version sounds a bit like "Bella Legosis' Dead" by Bauhaus. I have "Greatest Fits" and those 2 songs are on it. I concur "Filth Pig" is a fine album. I will listen to it more. Dean & I saw them recently with The Revolting Cocks opening. Do you know them? And I met Luc Van Acker which was very cool. He is a crazy performer. He was just hanging at the bar so I went up to him. I did that with the drummer of Meat Beat Manifesto when we saw them a few years back. I did not meet Al though. Next time.
I LOVE CONCERTS! we're going to see Iggy Pop Saturday and The Police in July.