Thursday, September 03, 2009

Yellowstones

I made a playlist tonight while stuffing dollars into the jukebox at the Black Bear aka second home.

Track 1: Blame it on the Tetons - Modest Mouse
Track 2: Future Proof - Massive Attack
Track 3: My Own Summer (Shove it!) - Deftones

When I got home, I added these:

Track 4: Stop Whispering - Radiohead (Live in Boston, 1996)
Track 5: Bury Me - Smashing Pumpkins
Track 6: Politik - Coldplay
Track 7: For Martha - Smashing Pumpkins
Track 8: An Anniversary for an Uninteresting Event - Deftones
Track 9: Dope Nose - Weezer
Track 10: Fairest of the Seasons - Nico
Track 11: Set the Ray to Jerry - Smashing Pumpkins
Track 12: Aurora - Bjork
Track 13: The Day the World Went Away (Quiet) - Nine Inch Nails

It's been quite the day.

Cancer stuff...

Not that I have time for any of that anyway. School started last Monday. Ugh. 16 credits, 2 part-time jobs, a band to run. I guess I'm never as happy as I am running myself ragged. Try and stop me.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words, thoughts, prayers, judgements, idiosyncrasies, wisdom, patience.

There are many more songs I want to add to that playlist, but I'm going to limit myself. It's supposed to represent a certain place and time. Yeah.

Blame it on the Tetons.

Heard that song on my ipod on the way out of the parking ramp at the hospital today after I found out I was in remission.

2 comments:

Cori said...

Congratulations on the remission!

Susan Kaye said...

Nice work captain!