Monday, November 23, 2009

Dear on-line diary,

Well. Three weeks till the semester ends. I can hardly wait. As much as I love the classroom environment, I can't really stand some of the bull-shyte "activities" I've had to participate in.

Some things I've learned about things:
-Online classes are a huge pain in the butt. The constant discussion-board interaction is no way to participate in a "discussion." How many more times do I have to type and/or read, "I agree completely." as a fulfillment of responding to someone elses post. Ugh.
-While I don't consider myself anti-social, I abhore group work of any sort. This is exaggerated by the general lack of social skills most IT students seem to have mastered at a young age. Years of sitting behind a computer screen in their bedroom instead of chasing down the BMOC for the big dance translates to more of the same.
-HTML coding is extremely time consuming when designing a website from scratch with little previous experience.
-One never learns how to do something right with no feedback from the instructor.
-Some things never change... I'm still a procrastinator.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to the semester break. Why? Because shortly after I finished six months of chemo, I was tossed into a completely new weekly schedule. It's been a difficult task to get acclimated to the change. All in all, it's made my life feel like it was put into a shoebox right around the time I got back from Hawaii in February and then that shoebox was subsequent, violently shaken, repeatedly. Good times indeed.

In other news, Where the i Divides is currently kicking ass and taking names on the next album. All that really means is that I'm spending one night a week without sleep with a guitar in my lap and a keyboard in front of a computer, redrafting demos for distribution to the rest of the band for their "creative" additions. (Lyrics and melodys, Drumbeats, Bass lines).

Sleep? Like I used to say in undergrad... "I'll be dead soon, then I'll sleep."

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I like the lessons learned. I've learned this semester...I have lots of anxiety and procrastinate. That still doesn't make me want to do my projects any sooner.