Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Imaginationally Challenged

I was having a discussion with someone about a woman who was an author.

She wrote this book called the Place at the Edge of the Earth. I argued that this was simply all that needed to be said. The rest was meaningless. He didn't agree.

So I looked it up, to see what it was about. (read the summary on the link) and I decided that I'm still right. So I present to you this notion that a title can in fact be the sum total of what needs to be said.

With that, take a few hours to find les Amitiés Maléfiques and watch it. "Why do some people write? Because they're too afraid not to." As one reviewer put it, "The other like perfect prey of our mediocrity."

Just some mid-summer musings. I really haven't taken the time to put effort into much on-line excursions as of late. It's really hard to do that when it's nice outside and the call of life in the real world is a deafening roar. That and my regular schedule's been all out of whack!

4 comments:

Dean ASC said...

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

RicketyFunk said...

Yeah... that's a title that really doesn't need the story.

It's better to let the imagination discover whatever dark spaces remain uninhabited in the back of our heads.

Dean ASC said...

How To Stuff A Wild Bikini

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Dean must be taken more than one vico an hour!!!