Monday, July 23, 2007

Once a year we do this

Okay... I ran into an old friend at my high school reunion who's on myspace but I haven't added her as a friend because I haven't talked to her in years but she said that I should be her friend so whatever, it's myspace. It's totally lame but I have a band so it's different. I need it in order to "network" and get my music out the the kids.

That aside, I found this page. I run into this guy and some of his friends from time to time when I stray from my usual public houses but we don't have much in common these days. We used to play soccer back in the day. Way back in the day. But here's why I'm even wasting my time on this...

Please tell me that you have a better picture of yourself than one where you've cropped out someone (who's hand is still in frame) and please tell me that you have a better picture of yourself that doesn't involve holding a drink in your hand. But what would I expect. Check the stats... check the layout... check the wardrobe (Obviously not a floordrobe. He's not sporting the metro-hobo look this year that's all the rage with the indie-rockers who matter.)

Anyway. There are reasons why stereotypes exist. I enjoy running into that crowd from time to time. It's good to have your past ambush you in unexpected places. It reminds me to keep being myself, the self I've crafted over the years... or perhaps the best imitation of myself.

In other news, I picked up a copy of the paper this morning for my yearly ritual of reading the "if you were born today" and here's what it said:

"Your home is your sanctuary this year. You'll definitely put down roots. There'll be a few family disagreements but you can work things out."

I don't know what the hell that means. Put down roots? Does that mean I'm a tree? Does that mean I'm going to be establishing a bullshit residence in this mundane city? And what family is it talking about? Totally stupid.

1 comment:

Dean ASC said...

Josh has 72 friends. All of them women. (One of them is definately jailbait.) I wish I was him.