Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Strom a commin'

So whatever.

Slacking at work. Not doing what needs to be done. I'm waiting for the day to end. Where the i Divides is playing it's first "acoustic" show tonight at a park in Milwaukee. It's not an offical acoustic show (hence the quotes) because I'm playing my electric and Trav is playing an acoustic. Danny is not going to be at this gig. He's decided that he needs his sleep over playing a weekday show. (Yeah. We're that important that people will want us on the weekends because we draw so many fans and whatever.)

The recording that we have been ingnoring all summer has finally been "scrapped" thanks largely in part to our Engineer admitting that he improperly mic'ed the drums and that he was having a hell of a time mixing drums and that affects the overall sound and then Dan wants to retrack everything with click track (why the hell didn't he want to do that six months ago? I'll never know.) So we're going to re-record everything for a great deal of a steal that our engineer is throwing our way. I don't want it to take forever but it's going to.

I have decided that I'm going to simplify the number of guitar tracks. Strip things down. Work with bare minimum. Avoid the excess because that seems to create a void in the recordings. There's so much guitar that it kinda becomes a wash-out and fades into the back. It's not as distinct and discernable as it could/should be.

We have learned a few things from our first run at recording. I hope to got it doesn't take us 100 hours like the last time. (we'll see)

2 comments:

Dean ASC said...

By the way, thanks for the blog topic. I'm a hurricane now.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Sounds like you have plans. It's important to make plans to achieve your goals.