Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Band Drama!!! and the Fox

Travis.

After spending a nice relaxing dinner (they prepared a delicious salmon chowder that I couldn't resist, and you know how picky I am about eating fish, but alas, I had to eat it because it was superbly delicious) with Sam and Megan and Will and Chris in Oconomowoc followed with heavy lifting (I helped unload their moving truck full of their new kitchen from Ikea) I rolled into downtown Milwaukee (I think I saw "the Fox" but it was kinda foggy and misty and my wipers don't work too well these days so maybe it was just a "harley dude" with a fedora) and kicked it with Joey Vochich (OMG it's Joey Fukin Vochich!) for a few hours talking about stuff (like his surreal week past)

He said that he had already sent an e-mail to Jakey at the Klinic confirming our acceptence of his offer to perform on Friday night as Where the i Divides without an answer from Danny J. and he said that he did so because if Danny makes up some excuse, we're going to play the show without him, performing our acoustic set in a similar fashion to last Tuesday in Greenfield park.

We also discussed the rediculously long message on Danny's answering machine and how it prevented me from leaving him a message on Saturday (due to my refusal to listen to it, YET AGAIN) and he said that he's going to "have words" with him about that along with some other assorted odds and ends that are irking him about Danny's "lack of professionalism". I think our showdown between the two of them may soon be more than just speculation. I can't wait to see them go at it. Bring my popcorn and my beer and get a front row seat. It should be a good one. Joe's got the height advantage but Danny has the military training.

I'll see you later tonight and we'll discuss these things in greater depth and also perhaps a missive about the struggling Milwaukee Brewers and their trouncing given out last eve in Arizona. What a game!!!

Sincerely,

Zach


--- Travis wrote:
> by the way (no, not that awful chili peppers song)
> what's the good word on that prospective klinic
> Friday night deal? are we going to be rocking? i
> hope so...
>

2 comments:

Dean ASC said...

Wait is Milwaukee Fox the name of a band? If so it kinda sounds like it rocks. Not that the name Where the i Divides doesn't sound like it rocks in a college radio kind of way. By the way the mathmatical expression simplifies to something like -x*i or minus x times the square root of minus one. But I probably don't have to correct the math for a band with a song named Universal Quantifier.

By the way, you know you lose some of the rights to your music if you give it to MySpace. I think they can use it in commercials without royalty.

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Have words?

My mother loves that phrase.

I never understood why.

Keep on rockin' in the free world.