Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Vandalism at its finest

I rarely post about certain specific topics. Today is hardly an exception.

I've got an interest, a prospect, things that I've got in the works.

In time, I'll be able to say whether or not those things fall into place or onto place... what have you.

Work is not kicking my ass as much, but I'm still busy as hell. I've finally gotten into the new database. It's a good thing I did all of that reading last year. I would be lost as hell without it. It's also a good thing I know how to read.

Where the i Divides rocked another set at the Klinic last Friday. It was lackluster this time around. Joe decided it would be awesome to knock a mic stand into me while I was playing a solo. The solo didn't turn out so well.

With the work not as pressing, I have a few more hours in the evening to work on new song demos to distribute to Trav and Joe. Trav-zilla and I usually write stuff together with him playing root progressions while I crank out some generic delay loops. We slap the song together and then I hide in my lab drafting drum loops and guitar layers. After that, the songs go to Trav for him to come up with his parts without the pressure of me demanding that he have the perfect part RIGHT NOW!!! After he gets his confusion figured out, (I was thinking that Confusion would be a good name for a dog.) we record them on the demos and ship them off to Joe so he can gum up the sound with lyrics. Danny... well, he just plays drums so it's all, "What order do I hit the drums this time... duh... I'm hungry!"

What was I posting about... oh yeah, the universe.

Here's to four more months. This is going to be the best summer ever. (First time spoken this year, January 19th)

PS. BPilgrim. I'll hit your blog if/when we play in your area. (I'm hoping it's sooner than later.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is going to comprise of the "Best summer ever?"

RicketyFunk said...

One can never be too certain as to what the "best summer ever" will entail, but it's been named as such over a week ago. I'm hoping for a huge storm to blow through in June dropping thousands of pounds of sour ptach kids. I'll be setting out as many rubbermaid containers as I can get my hands on.

Yeah!!!