Monday, July 14, 2008

Dear Photo Diary

I just finished the first pass mix of Believe.  It's an Effin' Masterpiece.  While I was bouncing the mix, I went and took a couple pictures around the rehearsal studios.

"Squalor Alley"
This is where Travis and I come to throw rocks while Joe and Danny smoke inside.  It's very reminiscent of the days when we jammed in the barn.  The best times were when we would grill turkey dogs.  We don't do that anymore.  'The alley' doesn't lend itself to grilling good times.

"The Magic Room"
If I had Photoshop on this thing or a way to network with my PC here, I would splice these two together.  Anyway.  The chair in front of the drum kit is where I've been sitting, with my Mac on the stool in front of me.  Notice the Leslie Hall autographed sticker.  That wasn't cheap.

"Mixing with Headphones!?"
I know, I know.  But like I've mentioned before, I don't have quality studio monitors and I'm not about to run out and buy some.  

"Future Ethanol"
I took this a few days ago.   I love the fact that I can still drive past fields on my way home.  If the economy hadn't taken a huge dump, I would only have given these fields three years before they were track homes on roids.  (Actually, these fields are testing new hybrids and their resilience to herbicides and pesticides.)


"4:30 A.M."
I have turned Wednesday nights into my new Saturday for some reason.  I think I'll remember this summer (if I remember it at all) as Wednesday Nights with Tom.  My friend Tom runs Karaoke on Wednesday and I usually show up right after he's done.  Then we drink and talk.  Last week, we went back to his place and listened to some of his songs from his Opera he's writing.  Then we watched the new Hairspray movie twice, followed by highlights from the second half of the Les Miserables concert DVD.  (He's kinda into musicals.)  I drove home as the sun was coming up.  
I think this is the only benefit of being semi-employed in summer.