Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I'm not a salesman


I've discovered my photobooth program.  Now I can document my mixing time with a photo of myself every fifteen minutes.

If I looks bored, it's probably because I am.  Mixing isn't usually done with headphones.  A nice set of studio monitors and a quite room are the ideal set up, but I'm working with what I got.  Only two songs left.  One of them I will have to return to the studio to pick up the tracks.  For some reason that folder didn't transfer with the rest.

Other than that, I've been going ridiculously crazy trying to solve "the next big step in the evolution of me".  I go to the rehearsal space (where I am right now)
 and sit and import a spindle
 of CDs into iTunes while drafting re-re resumes about how awesome I am and etc., etc., vomiting all over myself with negativity and disillusion.  I'm not a salesman.  Never have been, never will be.  If you asked me poi
nt
 blank if you should hire me in an interview I would respond, "There's probably someone more qualified in 
your pool of applicants, but you're getting predefined character if you choose me."

In the meantime, friends and others are tossing their ideas my way.  Most of it is nice to hear, but I'm always on the brink of loosening my tongue to give thems the what-fer bizzness of "keep yaw i-dee-yuhs to yaw-self"  (as C&C Music Factory kicks into gear.  It's just such an infectious groove, so smooth... I can't help but dance to it.)



that's what I call prime distraction.  What was I complaining about??? oh yeah... nothin'.

But I've "hatched" a new plan that requires some serious work in the next few weeks (right after I get the damn album finished).  The new job will be nothing more than a temporary endeavor while I put the pieces into place for the next big thing in fried pine booby dance tracks... or my life, what have you...

And AG what are you Muwaaah-ing about?

2 comments:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

It's called flirting. That is what AG does.

:P

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

RF, look forward to the sounds, either with i divides or on your own.

Sympathy for your search for gainful employment. I'm in the same place right now, and it sucks out there for honest people.