Friday, November 21, 2008

Where has that boy gone?

In response to a clamouring from my adoring readership, I've not been myself as of late. Incredibly tired and run down from spending far too many nights in the public houses every week, avoiding my responsibilities to the band and my work.

I've had a turn-around about this in the last week and it's felt nice to be able to get out of bed in the morning and not be late to work.

Travis and I are working on a new Christmas song for this year. We are also going to rerecord "I'm Gunna Use My Hands (for Christmas)" and potentially submit it to Triple M for their local musician Christmas showcase. I haven't gotten around to mapping out a drum loop for either song yet, but it'll get done probably Sunday morning before lazing about in front of football game after football game until the sky is black and Monday morning is lurking in the backs of all our minds.

The concept for last year's Christmas song was about being broke and not having any money to purchase gifts hence the use of hands to craft things to be given as gifts. It's not the strongest song by any stretch, but lyrics like "if Santa Clause could see me now, he'd smile a toothless grin and shout, 'You're not letting Christmas pass you by,'" make it good for a laugh.

This year's Christmas song will probably be about being alone on Christmas day and then going out to a Dance club on Christmas night and the emptiness of it all... (discotech style). Fun.

We've also started talking about writing a new birthday song and a song for lesser holidays (the ones that seem to be distressingly lacking in songs to sing their praises, like Thanksgiving. Why aren't there any songs about thanksgiving?)

Word.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, Joe will be joining Travis and myself up in Sparta for the Second annual "Shields Family/Where the i Divides Thanksgiving on the Farm." I believe that I said, "this is going to be the best Thanksgiving EVER!"

All for now. I've got suboenas to ditch on some suckers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you on Facebook?

Rebecca said...

You are gone again??!!!???