Friday, December 05, 2008

Tri this on for syze



I'm at work. I'm listening to music. I'm drinking coffee. I have some severe lung congestion action that's totally rocking my world. Like that lady on the people's court corrected the judge by saying that she said to the Plaintiff at the time of the incident, "I told her I would 'Rock her world'". But not in a good way.

I'm sure glad we don't watch small claims court tv anymore in the office. Those were dark days of people arguing about their stupidity.

Yesterday I bought my ticket for a trip to Hawaii. I don't really want to believe that I'm going to Hawaii. Sure, I have been known to adamantly state that I will NEVER set foot in the state of Texas, but Hawaii always seemed like a place that I had no interest in visiting (I'm assuming there will be a lot of bugs. I don't like bugs. Except for Hobo Spiders. They rock my world.)


Anyway. The only way I'm going to Hawaii is like any other trip I ever take. I have a friend that lives there. I'm visiting and not paying for accomodations. I don't have to rent a vehicle. I just have to pay for food and junk I want to buy... pretty sweet. Pretty standard. One of these days I'm going to take a trip that costs me nothing. (the great beyond)

In other, band related news, whatever.... I "auditioned" for Know Boundaries finally. It didn't go so well. I'm not a great drummer anymore since I'm so far out of practice (and was I ever a great drummer? No.) I also haven't listened to any of their music in a month or so. And my understanding on the whole ordeal was that they weren't as interested in mimicing the drum parts for their old songs as they were finding someone who worked well with them. No no no. They want someone to ape those damn drum parts. So I have some work to do if I want to take a real stab at the gig.

Where the i Divides is in talks about doing all kinds of things and stuff and I'm pretty much out of the loop. I'm avoiding my responsibilities in the band as of late and it reminds me of the episode of Home Movies (the bestest show ever) when Brendon doesn't want to work on "The Wizard's Baker" anymore and Jason and Melissa are pushing it really hard. I can sort of see myself staring off at the clouds and saying things like, "That one looks like Hailey Joel Osmet. A little Hailey Joel Osmet," while Joe, Travis and Danny talk about video shoot ideas for the "soon to be happening" album release and "Singles" and blah blah blah. I still haven't taken the time to blast out a fifth pass (I've probably mentioned it in the last three posts now) of the mixes. There are other things I want to think about wishing I was doing besides all of that... like auditioning for a band where I'll be playing an instrument that I'm not as interested in anymore. Yeah! (I jumped in the air and raised my fist when I said that last yeah... in my head. I Did that in my head.)

Also. I ran into Laura Marling on All Songs Considered. She's British. Her album is called Alas, I Cannot Swim. I really like her. A few months ago I drove up to Lake Superior and listened to her (mostly). I was going to do a blog post about that trip and put some pictures up and yeah yeah but I just never think about it. So anyway. I was at Staryucks and their "hot music" sampler CD, featuring DeVotchKa and other (not-so) indie acts also touted Laura Marling on the sticker. That sort of publicity really makes me want to dislike her, but a credit to her music that I still listen to it. Wait till it gets overplayed like that one chick with the piano and the bad singing style.... (You fill in the blank.)

Also. I officially dislike Robin Hilton's taste in music. You reading this Robin Hilton? Your taste in music is DILDOS!!! (And your musicricitical analysistic "Rock" journalism could use some expansification. Not every lame-ass electro-pop or freak-folk singer/songwriter to take a dump in ProTools is putting out powerful, thoughtful, beautifully layered music.)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

There you are :-)