Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Uh huh GRR!!!

It seems like ages since I've posted... but I'm only getting older.

What's new in Zach-land? Nothing. I have my next round of drugs (chemo) on Friday. I'm finally getting back to feeling my normal self and they're going to hit me again. Awesome!

The band is going to be done with the album. We set a "near-future" deadline for completion by mid/late April for the sake of having our next Madison show being our release party. It's good news for me. I'm sick and tired of working on this stupid thing and want it out of my hair forever!!! You hear me? Good.

I did pick up the new U2 album yesterday. It's grown on me. I feel like before I know it I'm going to be going to a U2 concert while muttering under my breath something about the rolling stones and being ancient and sucky. It's not a bad album. Some of the songs are growing on me even but I can't help but wonder why they keep making albums that sound the same. (that's somewhat rehtorical so perhaps you should save those answers for your own blog instead of the comment section.) Or another way of stating it is like this, "I can listen to your old albums and enjoy those songs. Why aren't you guys challenging me with material that's different?" It's perhaps a catch-22 (whatever that means) but I hope (or fear) that Where the i Divides will fall into that same pattern. Maybe not. While I do have a certain approach to the way I craft a song and the types of sounds I create, I also am willing to let anything fly idea-wise. It's never good to kill an artistic idea before it's had the chance to prove itself "Worst Idea Ever" (Favorite quote for Pirate Idol? "Worst peg-leg ever.")

Anyway. Work say's I've got to stay until 5:30 these days. This last half-hour may turn into blogging time. (I love getting paid to sit and do nothing. It's almost as great as having a job where I actually want to work because the work is fulfilling...)

More later. Or never. You figure I figure. Yeah.

No comments: