Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Music as a Commodity: The Art vs. The Wad; Part 1

Today was a slow start to what will soon become a nightmare of alwasy too much to do and never enought time to do it in. With a call off on the morning of oversized photocopy routines, I got my head to move slowly without the obnoxiousness of standing at a machine. Ugh.

Continuing with the idea that music has lost its aura of mystical appeal, I hoped to read that study to get a better understanding of that quote but I'm either lazy or busy, whichever you want me to be, and I've just got too much on my plate to eat more from the floor. It should then be said that I did find a Senior Thesis Proposal from some dude back in the mid-nineties "Alt. Rock" academia-fascinatia sociological interest in youth sub-culture and of course the "I love (Insert AlternaBand Name Here) and I want to write a paper about them but I have to make it relevant" mentality of most college attendees that I knew. (I had a limited circle of friends, cut me some slack.)

Like most dutiful employees though, I don't have time to read a 27 page proposal while I'm trying to notarize affidavits so I'll have to post my opinions about this idea later

Ooooh, a 'to be continued' post. How exciting!

No comments: