Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Twisting

It's already September but it seems like ages ago I was talking about how pre-season football was only a few weeks away.

Fortune says that it's a good thing August is gone. I'm in agreeance with fortune. But September and October are going to be just as chaotic.

Re-tracking all songs for the album. Finally started on that yesterday. Drums for three songs are supposedly done but we'll take a listen to them when we go back to the studio (whenever that is). Danny and Travis are not comfortable playing along to the click. I'm used to it so I have less patience for them. They should be at my level and what-have-you, etc.

I bought a plane ticket to take a vacation at the end of October. I'm going to head back to Montuckey for a week in the fairest of the seasons, "Huntin' Season!" and no, I'm not a hunter. It's as I like to refer to as "the Fairest of the Seasons." (I listened to Nico's Chelsea Girls a lot one fall when I lived there.) I want to be there when I remember it being most pleasant as if it ever isn't.

So trips to the gym. Working on new demos for the vocalist. Re-tracking everything at a snails pace. Watching the regular season of the NFL unfold from week to week. Writing more crap prose-poetry and staring at the stars. It doesn't seem like there's a lot in there but there is. Managing a band, being the principal song-writer and producer is going to suck up a lot of free time (not Madden '07 and my Dynasty NHL Team, the Milwaukee Butt Monkies)

I had some different things I was going to post about. News, entertainment, tra la la la la, etc., but I have lost interest in that stuff (from last week or two.)

Keeping it real? Good, I'm not either.

1 comment:

Adorable Girlfriend said...

Have fun in Montana. Take some photos to share with us, please!