Friday, September 19, 2008

Another Leslie Night


ughh... 

So I stayed up late recording guitars for the song "Do the Math".

Since I'm a (douche) I don't know how to just embed the file to play here and I don't want to take the time to figure it out today,  (I still have to head off to federal court to get a copy of some brief and 30 pages of exhibits.) just stroll over to our (Leasure Suit) page... and listen to it there.  I also put up new 3rd pass versions of "USA #2!!!" and "Universal Quantifier".  I don't know how the band will feel about all of that, but then again, they've ignored my feelings for years.  

Like all things in my life, it's not how I imagined it would be.

In other news, I purchased a copy of Laura Marling's Alas I Cannot Swim.  I haven't yet listened to the whole thing, but I heard the song "Failure" on my new interest, All Songs Considered.  (Tip my hat to my insurance agent for that one.)

But yeah... Tonight is the beginning of Madison's first Forward Music Fest. I've got my wristband and I'm rearin to go (home and crawl into bed) for the Leslie & the Lys with Dan Deacon show.  I'm not a big Dan Deacon fan (who is? a lot of people I guess...) but it promises to be kick ass.  I may also slip on over to the Gusto performance as well.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, we do try to provide full service, including music recommendations, to our best clientele. But in fairness I have gotten more good music ideas from Zach than those given. Insurance Agent.

Leah Muthafuckin Novak said...

It was a great time...I do remember a certain burly dude taking off his shirt and having a good ol' time. :)