Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend update...

Andy Samberg did an nice job as Cathy, the stressed out cartoon character.

Yovee put a few new songs up on their myspace page.  They recorded these songs a long time ago.  We're finally getting to hear some of them.

I spent early Friday evening putting myself through third passes of the mixes for the album.  Then spent the later part of the evening getting drunk, the last three drinks being "Wild Berry Wine Coolers".  I could feel the sugary hangover before I went to bed.  

Joe and I recorded some vocals on my computer at the rehearsal space.  Then we listened to each of the new mixes and he decided to only record vocals on two songs next weekend.  (One of them being Jerkwater.  He probably had 70 takes on that song between February and April.  I honestly feel that he'll never be able to sing that song the way he thinks he should and will never be satisfied with it.  The trick then is to make mix good enough to get him to accept the way it is.

I'm going to re-record guitars on one song completely.  It sounds like crap the way it is now.

I also wish the humidity would go away.  It's never a good thing in my opinion.  (No one asked.)

No comments: