Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Veil Dropped a Long Time Ago

I just sent this off to a Mister John Edwards for President, 2008, on his myspace page.

Dear Mr. Edwards 2008 Campaign Volunteer,

Even though I think our country would be better run by a candidate from the Democratic side of this bi-partisan system we have clumsily manipulating this great nation of ours, I can't help but wonder what sort of qualifications a politician has in making any of these decisions.

If Mr. John Edwards were to sit down and have a one-to-one chat with me, explaining what he expects to do if elected, I would consider giving him my support, but that's not going to happen. I'm not a corporation like Globo-Chem or Conglomo-O looking for ways to raise the bottom line, by padding pocketbooks in the disgraceful popularity contest that used to be a serious affair.

In 2008, I think I'll vote for the candidate I disagree with the least.

Sincerely,
Z


Ahh... Grandma Betsy's Biscuit Powder.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is often the best way to vote. It's true that the days of getting to know our leaders are long gone...

Dean ASC said...

The lesser of two evils is still evil.

k.barrick said...

But when the GREATER of two evils is REALLY REALLY EVIL... vote lesser.

And OF COURSE you care about whether or not my blog is updated... you're the rock god!

Kevin Wolf said...

Sending letters, huh? Don't you know these people are too busy for the likes of you?

How soon do you start stalking Edwards?

RicketyFunk said...

Well, I don't expect any sort of reply from this 'letter' I whisked off to a myspace page. If you notice, I did address it to a campaign volunteer, rather than Mr. Edwards himself.

There are no delusions about the insignificance of my gesture.

And the stalking starts soon because there's always time enough for "love".