Thursday, September 14, 2006

Astromagic Daily!!!

I'm at work (as usual) and there's nothing to do (as usual)

So here's my weekly Chinese Horror-scope

Week of September 11, 2006
You will be feeling more expansive and emotionally positive this week, Satan. You will find great satisfaction immersing yourself in creative projects. Friends support your efforts. If you have wanted to break free and do something new at home or at work, the time is right to take action. Someone may give you the strength to stand up for your needs at week's end. It's a wonderful weekend for a house party or going off with friends. Let other responsibilities wait.


and then it gets even better with the monthly Chinese Horror-scope

September
Just when you think you know where you are going, plans can change. Relationships can be stressful in the Month of the Rooster. Despite your differences, you are affectionate. Still, arguments over silly things spoil the mood. Resentment bubbles under the surface, especially if you do not feel appreciated. You have to say what you feel. Look for ways to have fun with friends mid-month. A couple of relaxed weekends could make a big difference in your attitude. New friends may not be as you first assumed. Disorganization at home and work can be upsetting. Toss out what you do not use. Keep things as simple as possible. Learn to appreciate detail but not to harp on it. Quality of life is more important. At month's end, if you have not been able to bring people around to recognize and meet your needs, then it is time to act.


I totally swear that this must be talking about me personally, I just know it. Where the i Divides is planning this bonfire show on the 30th. AT MONTH'S END!!!

Seriously, AG asked how fall in Madison is going. (er, Wisconsin. Don't mean to misquote but I'm in Madison, specifically; Wisconsin, generally) I was out last night on State Street with a few friends sitting outside the Irish watching for people to step in a pile of Sake Vomit on their way into Sal's, which some college student girl decided she didn't want in her stomach anymore after eating at Takara (in between the Irish and Pizza de Roma (I still call it Sal's)) It was a chilly evening with the temp dropping into the high 40's while we sat and enjoyed James' newfound unemployment.

Fall in Madison is always a fun time with the college crowd invading the downtown and making int their own. Now that I'm no longer a part of this group, it's more fun to watch them and laugh. The leaves are starting to change. It's okay to wear pants all day and all week (as opposed to no pants which is what most people do during the entire month of August, except the prudes! Stupid Prudes!) (Sorry gotta say it: "Don't you hate pants?" - Homer S.) My favorite thing is when the soybean fields start to turn. They go from this verdant green to a aspen yellow. Sometimes in the afterknoon, if I'm lucky enough to be driving home at that time, the sun will be shining and the temp will be rather cool and the soybean fields will just shine with the radiance of kingdom come.

Fall is also the second time each year when I start to get back into reading more buddhist philosophy. It seems that each spring and fall I read a few books on the subject. I finished a collection of essays by Alan Watts called, This Is It, and I am also currently reading The Buddha in the Robot by some Japanese dude (Masahiro Mori.) I've got some ideas I'm kicking around from reading that stuff but it's all a secret and I'm not going to tell anyone what I've learned from reading it.

Back to last night. James and Joe and I stood on State St. for a good two hours 12am to 2am talking about the state of this great nation of ours. Economics and the Dependency Index (I will inform you that this is the Heritage Foundation's Website, read with caution!), the Zionists and the Bolshevik Revolution, Labor Movements in the mid 20th century in America and why we don't have a nationalized health care system (this is almost infuriating to read, read at your own risk,) and Nazis and cancer.

It's fun to sit and talk with James and Co. about things of self-educating nature (or, stuff we will never be taught in school or after school) but the downside is that my personal continuing education isn't in the same fields as those friends. While I can listen to them and participate in the discussion, I also have to do research after the discussion in order to make a better educated decision as to the validity of the proposed arguments. (Philosohpy training at work.)

Well, I've spent way to much time on this post. I was paid $9.00 to write this! Hooray for America! (Anyone remember Mr. show)

2 comments:

Dean ASC said...

I've been waiting to say this. Isn't it infuriating to write a long post and have no comments. You put your heart into it and nothing. Then you say something inane about a movie or some other crap and you get a firestorm of comments. Oh well. Keep up the good work.

RicketyFunk said...

I don't know what "good work" is. I just write. If there's a good idea in there, then it's probably by accident.

Thanks though.