Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The post about the trucks

I've FINALLY put up my ad for my Dodge. I got the replacement title (the clean one) from the state of Montana Dept. of Justice Motor Vehicles Division in the mail about a 1.5 weeks ago. After that, it was just one thing after another that kept me from doing it.

$600. You want it?





You can have it. It needs a new alternator and some electronic deal-ie replaced. I didn't really pay much attention to it after I found out the price tag for the repairs. (Forget it, I'm selling it.) It'll need two tires before winter as well.

Just as Ol' Green was acting up, I (on a whim) applied for an auto loan from my bank. They approved the amount I asked for and said it would be available for 30 days while I found a vehicle to purchase. In about a two weeks time, I was driving this thing around.


Notice the stylish similarity in color. Coincidence. All I was looking for was a manual pickup with 4 wheel drive. It's a nice ride. More room in the cab. A topper and a liner with the bed. 4 doors. All around it's not a bad upgrade (until I have to put in a new clutch.) And the money from the Dodge is going to pay for new tires. It'll be too much fun to drive around once it starts snowing if I keep the old ones (even with the 4wd. Not enough tread, and I think they may be undersized.)

And these pictures were taken with my new camera that I bought for my upcoming trip. Four more days. I really can't wait.

And I'm still working on the haunted house story. (By working on it I mean not working on that, but rather doing other shit.)

UPDATE: 10/24/07 - Apparently someone can see these pictures. I wasn't able to. I think it had something to do with some post editing and stuff... deleted them on accident... I don't know. Anyway. I reinserted them. Blogspot rules!!!

3 comments:

Dean ASC said...

The tires look undersized to me. Looks to me like 15 or 16 inch rims and 26 inch tires. Then again, I'm looking at a picture. I could be dead wrong.

There's nothing wrong with rims that size. I'd go with a 28 inch tire. 30's might rub unless you lift the truck.

If you put a topper on doesn't that effectively make it a trunk?

Dean ASC said...

By the way, I like it and I don't usually like Fords.

Is it the angle of the picture or is there a little bit of a lift over the rear axle?

RicketyFunk said...

I think it's the angle of the picture combined with the downward slope of the parking lot. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a kit on it. That wouldn't fit the MO of the previous owner.

And yeah... it is kinda like a big trunk. I can fit all of the drums and the bass amp in there. The rest gets stuffed in the cab. Doesn't really matter though since it's a truck and I can't haul the gear and the band. Always a second vehicle...