Friday, October 19, 2007

Re: Take the "unit" out

(((Travis' Initial Message)))

--- Travis wrote:
> sorry i was a bit out of it and texting so much at
> the end of evening...didn't intend to be rude...some
> of it was just that "supernatural" comedown...good
> times.
>
> later
> the "13"
>

(((My Reply)))

Travis,

I had no problems with the way last night wound down. Did you hear how much I was shouting at the Tee Vay? I was enjoying myself watching the Based Balls game. "Boring, Boring! (wind up for pitch) Oh, here comes some action! (after the pitch) Boring." I find it funny so everyone else should too. Besides, I wasn't expecting you to entertain me the way Stas does on a normal Thursday night. That would cross several lines too many. And I'm not talking about state lines either.

I was thinking about the whole Supernatural progression from season one to season three. Was season one as x-files/buffy as the episode we watched last night. Maybe I haven't seen enough of the show to really get a good feel for it all. The intuitive flow of the story. I didn't much like the introduction of the new (potentially re-occuring) character AFTER they brought in the chick with the knife AND the guy in prison from last season's finale. I thought the show was about the brothers... (I mean really, who are they? Ehhh?) ((I forgot to mention the Demon who gave the soul deal from the end of last season))

Danny J's email about the hotmail debacle is top notch funny. Haywired jackhammer of des-something-or-other. I laughed pretty hard at his frustration.

No news on the birthday get-down-from-there from Steve or Leah. Steve suggested it may be just a roommates and significant others gathering (how rude! after all I don't even bother to do for them?) So whatever. Maybe tonight would be a great night to get plastered (to a tour bus) and car surf all the way to Toronto. You can slam dance the whole way there.

I still owe you money for the 7th. I remembered it again this morning as I was walking to work. I have the funds available today. I should just give you the scratch for next 7th as well.

The experiments are going smoothly. Like we thought, straw does indeed burn, but not the way we thought it would.

Nothing else as of yet.

Z-bot

(((Travis' Inevitiable Reply to My Reply)))

Travis wrote----

> last night was a 'lil bit goofier (with the pratfalls and all...)
> then it normally is...sometimes the episodes are a bit darker...
> last season especially...i thought last night was funny in spots...
> and the idea of them being hunted by another "hunter" (though
> a little annoying, i don't doubt they're gonna go places with
> him being a religious man) is intriguing... besides, they killed
> off the seasons 1 and 2 villan last season, so they have a dire
> need for recurring antagonists...as do i.

(((and My Reply to Travis the Second Time)))

T-Dawgg

I did like the religious man "hunter" being used by the dude in jail. The dude in jail isn't on the 'good' side anymore, right? So the go-go-God hunter is being played like a fiddle by a Jamacian Devil.

I did forgot to mention the other character they introduced the end of last season in the woman/demon that gave they younger brother (Sam?) back his soul for the older brother's (Dean?).

There's too goddamn much going on in that show for me to keep track without having watched it as much as other people have...

Did you catch Danny's reference to Alpo as his canned food item he's going to bring to the haunted house tonight? He's got your cans of broth beat... sure it's food but I'd rather just go hungry. With the broth, at least you can crack it open and be fairly certain that it's fit for human consumption.

I think I'm just going to pay the three dollars. If those fuckers want me to do the leg work for their food pantry donation, they've got another think coming. I already gave one of the homeless guys outside the men's shelter a spare square (Not but five minutes after I was thinking about how in college I used to tell people bumming smokes from me on campus that I didn't smoke, as smoke was pouring out my mouth with the words. I would give them one anyway but I couln't help myself.) I did contemplate pulling that routine on the guy but he's not a college student with at least enough rationality to get into a state school.

I was also thinking about Halloween in general, and more specifically, my general disinterest in the whole affair. I think in the end, I'm just not that into it because it wasn't ever a magical night for me as a kid (being raised to believe that it was the Devil's Holiday) and growing up in mostly rural settings didn't afford for a whole lot of loot grabbing. Couple that with all those fucking packets of bullshit sweettarts and you've got some sour grapes for memories. As I've gotten older, I have begun to see it as another escapist endeavor. (Just scan-check the college co-ed costumes downtown to get a sense of what I'm getting at here. There goes a sexy nurse, there goes a sexy playboy bunny, there goes a sexy bee, (since when is a bee ever sexy? Oh yeah. When the european colonists brought over the European Honeybee which gave them a significant crop growing edge over the indigenous peoples they were uprooting for their venture capital projects. Sexy!!!)

Seriously though, I think I have some work I need to get done. Fucking Miami Subpoena came in on the Fax-o-ma-phone. Gotta find a professor...

In deep thought/shit,
(BuzZ)ach

(((and the Final Return!!!)))
>
> you could be right about your roots in halloween...you
> see, halloween was a magical time of year for young
> travis...cool costumes, candy, my mother went all out
> decorating, it was an event...my parents would take me
> into town to trick-or-treat with my cousins...good times.
>
> i feel you on the costume scene, though...why do i think
> i wear a sheet labeled "ghost" with holes cut into it? pure
> parody, and the wankers don't even know it's going about
> right under their merry noses...ooooohhhh a sexy pirate,
> a sexy vampire/nurse, a sexy astronaut...get real and then
> get bent, posers...
>

No comments: