Monday, October 15, 2007

Re: this is getting annoying...

***** Travis' Message *****

--- Travis wrote:
> does chicken broth count as a "canned food" item?
> if it does, i have my (and a couple fortunate
> friends') tickets into the haunted dealie this
> Friday...
>
> i guess you could say i have the "fright"
> stuff...that's never going to get old...
>

***** MY Reply *****

Travis! (Spoken like your mother would say it.)

I don't think that it doesn't count but you (and your friends) look like a real jerk(s) if you show up with Chicken Broth.

(Shaking head)

(shrugs shoulders)

But who am I to judge? Maybe there's some needy people who visit the food pantry to get broth because they can't keep down solid foods... because they're alcoholics and whatever. I don't know.

(sighs)

I slept like crap last night again. I'm starting to get tired of not sleeping well (get it, tired. Ha!) Even crashed out on the couch with Deano wasn't that good of a nap. Perhaps I just don't have the "night moves" to get things done in the sleep dept. anymore. I'll just resign myself to a waking life and eventually end up in a sleep study at the university, trying to raise enough money for a DVD player. After I buy the swords.

(pauses, stares out the window at the blacktop while a fly lands on his arm.)

I really hate my jobs. All of them. I think I would best be served by hanging up the guitar, the photocopy skills, and the "congratulations, you're being sued" party patrol, and moving to a new city with a graduate program that suits my needs. But it's only Monday. We'll see how I feel after the MC Chris show tonight. "MC Chris is coming to your town tonight."

(thinks through the chorus to the song, mostly the music. the lyrics are just a jumble. Music is almost the same thing as the "Uh-Oh" music from Sea Lab 2021. Huh...)

(Contemplates purchasing a gun this evening, quickly hides that idea.)

I've got some things to do... or something. Lots of backlog Affidavits, Invoices, Document Requests, and I'm just sitting here. Wasting away in margarit... nevermind. Stupid parrotheads!

Z

***** Travis' Response to My Reply *****

> Subject: Flushing Meadows
>
> so you think the broth may be bad form, 'eh...
>
> just curious...i don't want to be "that guy"...it's not like it's
> old broth or anything; i can vagely remember buying it,
> although i'm sort of at a loss as to why i bought it...but i
> digress...somebody out there has got to be on a liquid
> diet or hankerin' to make some chicken soup and perhaps
> my most generous contribution will help turn a fanciful
> afternoon's daydream into a lush, steaming, delicious reality...
>
> which is the only kind of reality i'd waste my time
> showing up for.
>
> i mean, i have both chicken and beef varieties...one
> of the cans of chicken may even be "low fat"...charity
> can be "health-conscious"...
>
> leaving my mark on society, one can at a time...
>
> the "13"

No comments: