Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Bowie and Cobain?

I am kickin' at a nice little haunt on Willy Street where the hippies used to prowl, listening to a song off a CD I purchased in Boulder in 1996 with my sister and a friend.  Imperial Drag.  What the hell ever happend to them?  I don't really care.  They're not that good.  They're not that bad.  Before it I was listening to a Horde song called "the Day of Total Armageddon Holocaust" or as I would call it "Steel Snow Shovels Dragged Behind a Dump Truck, Take 13".  It's an musical tour through my past with me going through the collection of discs that have been sitting on blank CD spindles in a box.

I took some pictures of the pieces at the gallery.  This is one of them.  I don't know.  


I thought the cropping would make it clever and whatever... it sort of does.  Like I'm a David Bowie here... and then Mitch Hedberg kicks on.  He's great to listen to while you're stuck in traffic.  Before you know it, you're laughing at him and not even giving a damn about not getting where you need to go in a hurry.  

And this was just yeah, what can I say?  I'm a gen.exer.  The sunburn is going away thanks to the aloe.  It wasn't that bad.  And AG, It didn't occur to me to use protection but as soon as I sat down and the whole deal started, I looked at my pasty-white forearms and knew what I was in for.

Other than that, I finally started the airport flash cards and realized I knew more than I thought I did.  XNA = Fayetteville, AR because you'll need Xanax if you're headed there.  One day I'll scan some pictures of when I lived there.  But yeah... I'm distracted.  I'll post something else later. 

No comments: