Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ever feel like your being watched?

When I saw 28 Days Later, it scared the be-jebuz right out of my shortpants.  Zombie movies generally aren't all that scary.  They're more often that not a farce featuring dimwitted characters giving in to their baser instincts and failing to think things out.  28 Days Later changed that by giving the zombies the upper hand in that regard.  If you couldn't outrun them, you had to be smarter.

So every once in a while, I look at my basement window on the ground floor before I crawl into bed and wonder if there's a "Rage Zombie" out there waiting to bust through.  It's a lot like being on a camping excursion in bear country and thinking that you're safer if you put a thin layer of Nylon between yourself and the rest of the world.  (Well, you're generally protected from mosquitos and wet weather.)  Same as in the house scenario.  It's a matter or perceived security.

I get the feeling that there's something lurking off in the near future that's waiting... waiting for what, I don't know.  Conditions just haven't become prime.  The chaos of pattern hasn't hit just yet.


No comments: