Monday, March 06, 2006

Name that Band/Weekend bizzarities

So the computer at work decided today would be a good day to call in sick. I have no idea why it wouldn't boot but I really wanted to fix it with a sledgehammer. The other one that I've been avoiding because it needs a network card installed finally had the card put in but it doesn't recognize the CD drive in it so I couldn't install the drivers for the card.


Put my head in the oven on that one... took to long just messing around with them.


On Saturday we had practice late. It was an okay rehearsal but we called it early. The energy just wasn't there. I called a band meeting at the pub right after practice and we sat and talked about our concerns. The main one still is finding a drummer. Other than that, a name is also high on the list of things to accomplish.


I was thinking about asking the six people who read my blog what they thought a good band name was... I have lots of ideas that I want to veto... the only band I've ever been in that had a name I liked was "Signals of the Local Romans." Shisler has lots of good ones though. Col. Glove and the Revolving Door Identity. Help Bingo! Fresh! Beast Opera. Vulture Safari. Joe suggested some good ones too. Fuzz. The Napkins. You. V3. Sometimes I think that we just should be, "Let's get the Hell out of here." So... GO ahead and leave your suggestions in the comments.


On Saturday as well, I had this guy ask me to deliver a package for him. It was in the morning and I was stopping at an ATM to get food coupons for breakfast at Mickey's Diner. This guy in a mini van got my attention and so I walked over and he handed me this heart-shaped box and an envelope. "Can you go over to Kinko's and give this to a girl that works there? I'll give you a dollar for it." I complied and as I was walking over to the Kinko's I was thinking to myself. "A Dollar! I usually get $15 for serving stuff." Anyway, inside the store, I asked if the girl was working and the nice woman behind the counter said that she wasn't but that she would be in on Sunday. I was on my way out the door and then remembered that I didn't need to serve this girl personally and even if I did, it wouldn't have been for just a dollar. I turned around and then gave the box of whatever and the letter to the woman and said, "Some weird guy in the parking lot asked me to give this to this girl. I'll leave it with you and you can give it to her if you want or just throw it away. I don't know who he is or anything. Thanks." and then I just left.


Now, I don't know if this was some sort of box of anthrax or some kind of stalker thing or if this girl has a restraining order against this guy or what so I probably did something I shouldn't have. Or I just made a dollar of some jackass who doesn't have the guts to talk to some girl except through a letter. (Roll eyes and groan) I know that would win me over.


The ATM I was going to get cash from was out of order so I drove down the street to the Open Pant'ry and went in to use their ATM which was also out of order. I went up to the counter with a MD Live Wire and noticed this guy buying something. He looked like a college student but he also was in his late 30's or early 40's. Strange, but I didn't think anything else about it. I decided I would just go to Mickey's and get food and borrow money from my friend but then there was a bank across the street that I didn't know was there. Cash in hand, I went and got my food. The guy that I noticed at the Open Pant'ry was sitting at the counter and I ended up sitting next to him and during the time that I was sitting there, he turned to me and asked me if I was a wrestler. Now, that's an understandable question but why he thought I was a wrestler or would even ask seemed a bit beyond the normal scope of usual interaction.


Okay... that is all, I guess. For now.

1 comment:

k.barrick said...

Mercury is in retrograde. That's the reason for computer troubles.