Friday, March 03, 2006

Work things

BW just brought this in.

[Begin feed]

NOTICE FOR PROCESS SERVERS!!!

BEGINNING APRIL 3, 2006 WE WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTING PROCESS EACH BUSINESS DAY (MONDAY-FRIDAY) FROM THE FOLLOWING TIMES:

7:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. AND 1:00 P.M. - 2:00 P.M.

THIS IS NOT INCLUDING HOLIDAYS OR DAYS THAT WE ARE CLOSED!

THANK YOU.

CT CORPORATION SYSTEM

[End feed]

While most people couldn't care less, this is just the type of corporate crap that makes me angry. Wisconsin law says that they have to have reasonable business hours for service acceptance. Is six hours a day reasonable? My guess is that it is, but that's because I'm lazy and six hours a day is waaaay too looong. And since I'm lazy, I'm not going to stroll down to the law library on the UW campus and research case precident on reasonable hours. This is the result of poor turnaround time over at CT and the corporate fucks want their business up. Nevermind humanity.

I also thought it was funny that they had to note that those hours do not apply on days that they are closed.

Then "Eddie Haskel" comes storming over to my stack of billings and starts rifling through them for something. Comes back and plops it on the stack. They were in numerical order, Ass!

Is there such a thing as SUPER RUSH!!! ? Well, they're paying a buck extra for each letter. That'll teach 'em.

The Boss is over at his desk playing spider solitare day in/day out. It's his business so I'm not complaining, rather, I'm observing and reporting. But, he sometimes messes up my filing. Maybe I should teach him what I'm doing.... nah.

Still need to find new software. Really just want to get an internship at a recording studio. Wohoo!!! another job that doesn't pay me for my time. (isn't that just life?)

"Whatever and Ever, Amen"

2 comments:

k.barrick said...

Yeah, finding internship information is my assignment from my therapist for Tuesday.

And my theory of begging and bribing a radio show for an internship...don't think it's that productive.

Especially since they don't have my resume.

Pretty sure I e-mailed most of my stats though (you know, measurements, turn-ons and the like).

Grrr. Saturday.

Dean ASC said...

Yes, around here we also only accept process servers from noon to noon thirty unless we've gone to lunch.