Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The Long Sleep

I have nothing to talk about. Time creeps by slowly.

I forced myself to go to the gym for the first time in over two weeks.

The Packers lost in poor form to the Bengals. In their defense, they will be lucky to finish at .500 this year. The Bengals will not make it to the Superbowl only if they implode sometime this coming season. Like watching JV play Varsity.

Lots of people are going to be in town this weekend. Too many for my taste. Grandparents, sister, adopted family, friends. I didn't realize that I had Monday off until Saturday when I was American Players Theater for the steamy (humid) matinee of Julius Ceaser. I've seen it before, but had forgotten it, for the most part. During the intermission, I was talking Shakespear talk with, "What pray you think of this spectical thus far?" and so forth... I really have to be immersed in it to switch my brain into that mode.

The best part was when I caught a banished and banish-shed. It wasn't the word banish but it was the past tense form of the verb and they said it both ways. I laughed on the inside remembering (I believe Senior year) when Cori kept correcting the actors with the opposite pronouncement of the word. Well, that and "How now brown cow?" Classic.

To the readers who aren't checking here as often (not that anyone ever really did) I appologize for the lull in productions of nothings. Rocking for Jesus on Sunday took some time last week. Cleaning the house for weekend guests will take some time this week, along with finishing those damn stilts I'm making for children of a friend of a friend. They actually are friends with friends of a friend completely unrelated to the first friend of a friend. Kinda weird (out of state weird).

I also found Phil's blog, or Phil's brother's blog, I can't tell what the hell's going on over there. Phil was my next door neighbor in Arkansassy. I don't really remember if he had a brother. I don't remember his name actually being Harold. I'm pretty sure there was a Maude though. And she was F-U-N-!-!-!

I would put up a link but ya'll would get angry about stuff and post a bunch of comments about Satan and.... Shit Lutheranians, it's really late. I come downtown to throw a monitor into a dumpster and get caught on this crap. (More of getting the clutter out of my life. I've been driving around with that monitor in my truck for the last few weeks and I finally decided that I didn't really want to take it to St. Vinnie's. Ergo, Dumpster! (Bart's room, Bart's room, Bart's room, Dumpster!) Okay, enough.)

* * * * *Shitty Lyric Alert* * * * *
Cry when things don't go the way you want them. Time alive don't indicate age.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Reading that's worse than McDonald's tastes.

No comments: