Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Right on Cue

as if on cue with my "issues" yesterday, I received a rejection letter about the job. "We'll keep you resume on file." Don't bother. Or did you mean the circular file? Probably.

I'm not let down. I played guitar with the Jesus Jamz group last night right after I found out about the job. It was so much fun, regardless of the content of the lyrics, and it took my mind off of it. I was reminded of what my B. Fuster told me when I was taking percussion lessons at MSU. If you're having a shitty day and you're a musician, pick up your damn sticks (in this case guitar) and learn something new. Take your mind off of the other shit.

It works.

I realized that I do know how to play an A minor with a major 7th in it. I do know how to play a C, Fmaj7, Em7, Dm7 chord run. It's pretty easy to play but it's not in my everyday musical vocabulary. (Most Major 7th chords aren't. They're not really the "sound" I'm after.)

So roll with the punches.

I'm rereading Stranger in a Strange Land. I read it a while ago and I don't remember finishing it. I think I may have but the second half of the book goes so quickly (and it's not as engaging for me) that I don't remember how it ends. Well. It all ends with "the end." But... It's that Dancer in the Dark syndrome. The one where you walk out before the show is over so it never ends. (Kurt Cobain?)

Anyway.

3 comments:

Dean ASC said...

Oh sorry to hear that. Did someone tell you they were praying for you?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the job. You'll get the next one!

RicketyFunk said...

My mother told me she was praying for me. Then she said it wasn't in God's will for me to have the job in the first place. I had blood in my mouth.

It really isn't to much of a defeat at this point. I applied for one job. Didn't get it. AG you are right, I'll get the next one, but I need to find it and apply for it.

And Dean, again, Congrats!