Thursday, December 07, 2006

Recording is work

I have the mixed tracks of the demos and they sound okay. Could be better.

It's been fun trying to explain to the engineer that I want the replacement guitar track to drop out at the end and the original one to come back in. I recorded it last Saturday night without the bass and there's no drums in that section so I just did it willy nilly and now it's out of sync with the bass line. I haven't listened to the new version of it yet but I'll do that this evening.

Joe is in charge of putting the songs up on the myspace page. I don't know if he's got them up yet. I'll put an offical announcement up when they're there. They're aren't Great tracks. They're demos to get us local gigs and that's about it. Our next goal is to prep for our New Years Eve show and get squared away on recording the songs. That will be the nightmare of nitpicking and paining over a wrong note here, a flat note there, a drum hit that's a few milliseconds off. I'm looking forward to it. I'm not looking forward to it.
I also have to go see Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny tonight! Of course, it wasn't going to stay around long in theaters and I've been procrastinating in seeing it and tonight's the last night in town so it'll have to be done.

I do suggest seeing Jesus Camp. It's not a bad film, as far as the horror genre goes. I love the fact that the camp session is called, "Kids on Fire." Classic Irony.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had wanted to see Jesus Camp. Did you know that the camp closed after the movie came out?