Monday, July 10, 2006

back from the high plains

I am pushing my way through the first day back at the jobs. Yuck. Being unemployed isn't fun but taking a vacation that last more than a few days and a weekend is worse once it's over.

I have yet to forget the feeling of sitting on 2nd street outside the coffee shop in the afterknoon, watching the clouds and the people and the mountains and not worrying about getting anything done. I was able to put that off over the weekend after I got back to WI by having relatives in town for the Brewers/Cubs game in Milwaukee. I relaxed yesterday by napping and just milling around.

It's all being washed away now. Once I'm done with work today, it completes the first phase of the routine. Then it's off to the gym for the first workout since I've gotten home. I did purchase a guest pass to a gym in Montana for one day and got an approximate workout in during my vacation but it's mostly like being fresh from two weeks off.

Sorry I've been gone. It wouldn't really matter that much anyway. I've been busy with my obsession and I kinda don't feel like I've got much to post/say these days. I don't take the time to really get into the more insightful side of my brain (as if there is one) at work while I'm posting this. My "roommates" keep threatening to get a high-speed connection at the house but I'll believe that when I have an ethernet connection in my room.

I'll post some pieces about the bus trip. The stories aren't that great but riding the bus is always a marathon in patience and endurance. And maybe a few pictures of the new scars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back zachariah.

i take it you had a good time, or so it sounded that way in your always brief, emails. yes the scars hehehe i will believe it when i 'see' them hehehe

*hugs*

me