Monday, July 17, 2006

Story from the Bus

I first off would like to say that I have a real hard time writing the word bus. I really, really, really want to spell it buss, but that's just wrong.

I was awaiting my new bus in Billings, Montana at 12:45 A.M. with a bunch of other freaks and was recalling the time I had to stand there for four hours waiting to get on a bus to Bozeman, MT. There was a woman who was an old hippy... I think that I've posted about this one... and she was real creapy like. So I've adopted a policy that I don't talk to people on the bus or at the bus stations (unless I absolutely have to.)

That doesn't always work the way you want it to though. Case in point. I was standing in the Billings depot and I noticed a kid with a t-shirt that had a Fullmetal Alchemist symbol on the back and a Blood Seal on the front. I thought it was funny that he had that t-shirt on. Then I realized that it was sad that I recognized the symbols.

Anyway. I went outside to smoke cigarettes and stay away from the people, so I put on my big headphones (they look like earmuffs) and listened to music as I was puffin' away. People would mill in and out of the depot and whatever and it was fine. I avoided eye contact, kept to myself and listened to my music. But then this kid I spotted earlier comes walking out. He starts talking to some guy that was on the bus with us once I got on in Livingston. That guy went inside or something so the kid wandered over to me and started talking. I couldn't hear a word he was saying because I had my headphones on, and they're big so it's obvious that I'm listeneing to music. I let him go for a little bit and then finally pull of the headphons to hear what he's talking about. Apparently the sight on the gun for the Area 51 video game was all askew. Ha! I then asked him about the t-shirt, knowing full well that I was getting into trouble but I kinda wanted to see where it would go. He started talking crazy about the cartoon and I said that I didn't watch it, I just read the comics. At that point he started talking about some character on a keychain that was attached to his belt and I lost interest. I think he caught on (through my subtle hints that I didn't care) and just wandered away.

Thar be uh store-iee for tha ages.

No comments: