Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Drowning in Humidity

It's really humid in Madison right now. Yuck.

I think that if I go to sleep tonight I'll not wake up, only because I've drown in a pool of my own sweat... that or maybe it'll be saliva.

Big times fast aproach. Band meeting tomorrow. We will discuss the new (potential) practice space at my friends farm. It'll be in their barn so we'll probably take a trip out there to scope the place out. I've got two new songs that have arangement issues. I don't know how to put them together. The problem is that I have begun to think that the music I write is to predictable and formulaic. I don't really know how to go about putting parts into place and I have decided that I'm going to DEMAND from my bandmates that they give weighty suggestions.

We'll see how it pans out. And I'm totally stoked about soccer on friday night. I'm going to be so exhausted.

3 comments:

RicketyFunk said...

Gotta stop using the letter 'i' to begin my sentances.

Anonymous said...

Yes, global warming is really ruling her ugly head this year. It has cooled off considerably where I live.

Funk, thanks for stopping by RoD. You have a lovely site and I am eager to learn more about your band and what you got going on in such a great town like Madison.

RicketyFunk said...

Adorable girlfriend,
I enjoy reading your blog from time to time. I kinda wandered into Dean's circle from Rod.anon.'s site. It's been fun observing that group of 'friends' and their ideas, which are from a different perspective than mine.

I was raised in the midwest and lived out in the northern rockies for a stint. Madison is a "liberal" town but there's a lot of false-front liberalism going on here. The conservatives live in the outskirts of town and talk big about how much they care but it's not really much of an action town. The old hippie thing here has been dead for a while.

So yeah... that you for stopping by my site.