Thursday, July 27, 2006

"Nothing's ever good enough for you"

So it started raining about 20 minutes ago. I stepped outside for a cigarette and stood under an entryway roof thing-y and by the time my cigarette was gone, my shoe and one pant leg were soaked from the wind blowing sheets of rain seven feet in. With it slowing down now, I think that I may attempt to procure some gustatory delights from the nearby gas station for lunch.

That said (and I love thunderstorms) it is time to talk some more about the band.

Joe thinks that we should hold off on new material. Translation: I don't want to write more lyrics right now. He want's to focus on the songs we have, polish them up and then get our stage show worked out (the one with the sync-ed video and the additional music tracks pumped through the PA.) I can agree with that to a point. I really want to play a few shows and get our 'songbook' expanded to a full 30 songs.

I honestly think, though, that if we (and more specifically, me) keep focusing on the songs we have, I'll end up not working out new material. It's just like that drawing I have on one of my journal-binders where this guy is holding a baby that's holding a sign that says, "Nothing's Ever Good Enough for You." (Line from a Radiohead song I was listening to in the library at MSU one fair afterknoon while drinking coffee and writing crap.)

I'm gunna get lunch now.

No comments: