Monday, July 24, 2006

Excuse me, Sir.

So everyone thinks that the myspace thing is lame. I don't seem to recall asking your opinions. Maybe then, I should have deactivated the comments on that post. (can I do that?)

Alright. Criticism noted, and then promptly ignored. We are going for the 16 year old hotties as our base market. Joe said something about talking to his buddy about holding the page for an offical band site. That would be a better thing for us anyway.

Regardless, I can't help but want to say things like, if you think myspace sucks, I can't agree more with you, but it's a way for people to check out our music (if we ever get it up on the site) and pictures (again, with the same issue) that only requires minimal work. We aren't asking you to get your own myspace account, in fact, we don't want you to. Just check it out when I tell you to (when there is something new posted to inspect) and ignore it like the rest of myspace (like I do.)

Is that cool or should I take a poll? All those in favor of my band not having a myspace page raise your hand. Now promptly go form you own band and not put up a myspace page.

(sorry, I'm a little grouchy today.)

In other band related news:

Our first practice in the new rehearsal space (the barn) was spectacular. The sound in there is good. Joe sang through his 100w amp and I sang through his 15w amp and still out sang him. He needs to learn how to project his singing voice. Danny brought his keyboard playing friend for an "audition." I wasn't pleased about that but it worked itself out. The poor guy was in over his head. I was trying to tell him chords and notes that I was playing and he had no idea what I was talking about. Oh well. He seemed like a nice enough guy but I would have liked to have had a discussion with the four members of the band about it before we had him show up.


In other non-band related news:

My friend Liz told me to just apply at epic systems for several positions. They'll put me where they want me, if they want me, which they will. She said they administer this test during one of the interviews with puzzles. Frickin' Sweet!!! She also said that they ask a lot of open-ended questions like, "Tell me about a time that you felt like you had accomplished something," or, "What did you picture yourself doing as an adult when you were still a kid?" I'm hoping that my next interview includes the question, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" Because I can then reply, "Celebrating the five year anniversary of you asking me this question!"

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

grouch ;)

*hugs*

d

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job and sorry to be hating on your test market site. You can appreciate AG would love to hear your music but usually is sickened within 5 minutes of entering the kiddiezone at Myspace.

Anonymous said...

oh, one other thing. by the way, i did add the music site to my blawg. who knows, it gets tons of traffic and maybe someone 'important' other then myself will take a look see and listen. oops, make that two things. to view pics and videos you have to have a myspace account. so, um, guess who has one 'now'. i always wanted to be a 16 year old girl-hottie. where are my wigs?

good luck with all of it zachy. who knows, maybe one day i will be watching you play at the staples center. i am reserving my backstage pass now.

as always, you know the 'drill'...

*mucho hugs*

d

k.barrick said...

grouch :)

::SLAP THE FUCK OUT OF YA!::

I'm not wearing a watch now so whenever someone asks me what time it is I say, "Time for THAT guy to eat a sandwich"... Or something else going on around me.

And I'm on myspace so ya'll can go and not get a myspace page and then go fuck ya selves.

Besides.... you're on Friendster, dude. Friendster. With letterbox pics of yourself.

RicketyFunk said...

Oh yes, the fiendster acct. that I never use.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Im not a fan of 'the myspace' myself and any delving into it beyond my band's page or some other band's page that I've been directed to (Anderson Hall) is about all I can stand as well.

I'm just being smarmy. I love my faithful readership constituancy (except for Doreene, she's a total wanker) and the comments are taken as valuable input from people who pay attention to what I write.

RicketyFunk said...

Ha! You pay attention to what I write.

k.barrick said...

On your blog. You must say/type "on my BLOG" as much as humanly possible.

And I DID wish you happy birthday. I smacked the fuck out of you. The Livingston trash can and I joined forces to get you that gift.

No returns.

Dean ASC said...

I did not realize I was Angering you on your birthday. Happy Birthday. I'm imagining you eating cake and forgiving me.

Also the thing about my blogosphere of influence, we're pretty much all from the east coast and don't have any tact about our ignorance of "The Flyover States". We like telling everyone what to do. It's not an insult to us if you don't. We'll simply tell you again.

Afterall, don't forget the title of the Blog that lead you to my neck of the blogosphere. Rodney Anonymous Tells You How To Live.

It's what we do best.

Anonymous said...

yes, "anderson hall" is most defenitly worth the time and trouble to jump into myspace for. i really like what they are doing and can't wait to see them play live. the sound though on myspace really does not do them justice as to the sound on their cd. but that would be expected. oh no, more fascinating myspace fodder.

ps. i don't need the music site for potential pictures of you. i litteraly have hundreds of us. also, those cutsy mini-vids. there are some priceless images in all of that 'shit'. from what i remember though.

i send my love kiddo,

*hugs*

d

Anonymous said...

Flyover states, LOL! Thanks for that Dean. The last time that was said on my blog, a northern Cali blogger and a Torontonian took war on each other...

Anonymous said...

gosh in 6 years of blawging, i have never left this many comments over that period of time or read a site so much.

i can tell you what you should do. wait, that always gets me the big 'f-u'. maybe, what you would want to do is buy the domain name if it is available. get a cheap server, mine is wonderful. load up MT or something similar and create a page. etc. there again it's not um, point, click, upload and there. one has to know some/their html for pictures, music. ftp, etc. i know you know your html though and your way around the computer very well.

just a thought. probably way to much work though for now. understandable. i can't help myself though being the computer professional that i am. i mean geek ;)

over and out,

*hugs*

d

RicketyFunk said...

eleven comments? New Blog Record!!!

I've reached the peak in my popularity. It's all downhill from here baby.

Crash and burn.