Thursday, October 05, 2006

The BIG 100!

I stayed up way too late last night. I feel like sitting on a street corner, smoking cigarettes and staring off into space before going home and taking a long, long nap.

That's not going to happen. I just have to ride out today and tomorrow and then I'll have the weekend to... Oh yeah, the weekend is when I put all of my pent up energy into music.

Last night, Travis and I worked on the new song that we started last Wedensday. It's current working title is either "Wild Mountain Meyhem" or "Hambone Solo." We have a few arranging issues left for it and then I have the tone of the guitar to establish and then we'll introduce it to Danny and Joe and tell Joe that we're not waiting for his bullshit, nor are we going to put up with his lame excuses for not having lyrics. For the love of Crumb Cake, it's his job in the band!

The kicker, and the reason why I stayed up so late, is that I worked out a new idea after Travis left. See, lately, or more appropriately, this week has been one big downer, or more accurately, I've been in a fog of depression. Sunday through the present (even as you read this) has sucked, royally sucked and it's my own fault and I dug up my copy of the deftones self-titled album "Tune out everyone in the crowd because now it's just me and you. Come fall in love with the sound. Make a pact to each other. When no one's around, put the cross between me and you. Who wants to fuck with us now?" and my copy of Nico's Chelsea Girl. "Now that I smile, now that I'm laughing even deeper inside. Now that I see, now that I finally found the one thing I denied. It's now I know, 'do I stay or do I go?' and it is finally I decide that I'll be leavingIn the fairest of the seasons."
and then finally took the time to work, really work, on this damn band yesterday. Get my head out of my ass and pull the threads together again. Travis and I discussed the importance of having a meeting this Saturday to go over more important things that we need to focus on, such as recording and then something else, which may have been the next album (ha! next album, we talk about it like we've already got the first one done.) Our first album will essentially be about the working sap who hates his or her job/life and wants to do more (whatever the fuck that may be.) This second album has a theme already and Travis has put some sketch work into the direction of some of the songs. We talked about that last night and after he left, I stayed and put one of the themes into a song. There's nothing quite like trying to say something using music without saying anywords. It's a, Can you feel it? thing. So I kept working on that. And I have a good start on a new idea.

News stuff happend too. I didn't read or hear about it.

Word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come now, the Mark Foley stuff is classic. I mean classic!

And Roger K., the son of a Nobel winner, got his own Nobel. That's blog worthy, baby!