Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday

So last night I got home and watched either the history channel or pbs. Every time there was a commercial I'd switch to the other for two different programs. One on Super Volcano and the other on How Illegal Drugs Became Illegal. That was going just fine until I fell asleep.

So when I awoke this morning, I made some toast and grabbed a Dr. Pepper and sat down to watch some boring Sunday morning drivel before football starts.

So the problem arises that the digital cable isn't working properly. Why? I don't know, haven't taken the time to call the company and say. "Hey, are you going to comp me my bar tab on the cable bill because I have to go to a bar to watch football today?"

So I think that when they I do make that call and I do say those words, the answer will be, "No, I'm sorry but there's nothing we can do for you, sir."

So you all are probably wondering why I'm writing about this instead of yesterday evening's action. And all I can say is that a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Trav almost fainted before the show. Danny had some pretty bad nerves and sped up the tempo on some of the songs. I was worried about looking professional and forgot to have fun. I didn't really get a chance to talk to Joe about what he thought of the whole thing but we did have a good time. The first show jitters are out of the way. We actually took the stage again to replay some of our songs for the people who showed up late. That second performance was a lot looser, more relaxed, and way more fun. The "crowd" was shouting stuff at us and it was a lot easier to not be worried about missing a chord by a fret or hitting A major instead of A minor.

So, there is a video. There are lots of pictures, I don't know where any of them are (specifically.) I took one picture of myself at around noon as I was walking into the barn for our run through before we set up the stage. I was waaayyy hung over and thought I would like to remember that moment. (Which was only probably a scant 15 minutes before I puked while playing the solo in 'Mt. Hindsight.' Thought I could make it through the song before running outside. Nope. Just popped on the floor in the barn. Rock and roll. Rock and roll. Still recovering from Friday night's binge.)

So there. Charter Sucks and the Show was a good first show.

2 comments:

Dean ASC said...

That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Well, you made it through the first show and that's what matters.

Do be sure to have fun and smile next time.

P.S. Your cable company and Bank of America suck!