Thursday, November 23, 2006

Wowee Zowee

Went out and bought something today. Actually two somethings today.

Wowee Zowee!!!

Sounds not so much like Slanted & Enchanted. Still think that Kannburg should have kicked Malkus in the balls a few times.

Saturday Night Wrists is good as well. Hole in the Earth! Oh my god!!! How many more times will I listen to it? Not enough.

Went out and sang Karaoke tonight. Part of my whole expectations for the evening was to go to Sparta/Tomah and get drunk and then have Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow (er... today) while watching the Broncos whoop up on the Chiefs (or vice versa.) (Stupid NFL Network. Make it for the rich. The poor have their drugs to entertain themselves.) So I ended up singing songs to drunk hicks in "fair Verona" because I couldn't sit still at home.

and the conclusion I came to is that there are certain songs that should not be allowed to be performed at Karaoke--NO EXCEPTIONS!

1. Come to My Window
2. I Touch Myself
3. Love Shack
4. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
5. Copacabana
6. Anything by Jewel (even replacing the all of the pronouns in the song with the word "Jewel" has lost it's charm)

Ugh.

I need to go to bed.

Mas Booty. Man-ya-na.

4 comments:

k.barrick said...

Jewel is not pleased.

Jewel is not jeweled.

Jewel jewel jewel jeweled.

k.barrick said...

"Come to my window" and "(Hey!) What's going on?" should NOT be sang under the grounds of range.

A person comes to karaoke and looks in the book. "Ooh, I like that song! Maybe I should sing it?" They sing a couple of lines to themselves (softly in the loud mess of a karaoke bar) and then sign up for it.

They stand. Start singing and inevitably realize that they can sing half the song... just not the entire range.

Love Shack should only be sung by people who can REALLY REALLY sing the out-there-gay-voice or straight men who sing it without realizing that their extreme homophobia makes the irony FAN-TAAASTIC!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but AG can really do the Copa along with I Will Survive.

AG bought the new Jon Mayer CD today. AG ducks under table while bloggers laugh at her...

RicketyFunk said...

I forgot "I Will Survive" that's one of those songs that you hear a lot as well. I'd much rather hear a bad rendition of "McArthur Park."

Jon Mayer isn't as big an embarassment as one might think. He's a skilled guitar player and he has a sense of humor, doesn't take himself too seriously. Sure some of his songs are annoying and the lyrics may be weak, but if you listen to his guitar playing it's kinda like listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn.