Sunday, March 09, 2008

(Title goes here)

I don't know about anyone else. I don't know what the average person thinks. I spend too much time thinking about stuff anyway. But my thoughts are somewhat elevated and/or aggravated this weekend. I missed my usual routine on the second half of the week yet managed to maintain my vigilance in staying clean. It's been thirteen days.
>But as I'm walking around with my earbuds embedded in my frozen ears
>I can't help but wonder what everyone else is listening to
And the usual events of Friday went a tad askew. Instead of a movie and sleeping, it was out till very late and a dizzy tired feeling.
>Because they're all listening to something.
Saturday was a long and relatively unproductive rehearsal that lost focus as soon as we decided to run through some covers we haven't really played often enough. I realized that I never settled on a definitive way of playing "Bachelorette" which frustrated me almost as much as not being into playing a solo for "USA #2!".
>And that part of me that's entirely wrapped up in me (all of me?) assumes
>that whatever they're listening to isn't as good as what I'm
>listening to.
As usual, everyone seemed tired and worn out. There was apparently some tension steaming off of me about the early quittin' time too. I only said that I don't work all week to spend five hours playing music with my band. It's an all day event.
>I've thought about it. Like I said. Do you think your musical taste is better?
>Do the beats and rhythms explode with emotion in your brain?
And after rehearsal it was another Saturday night Perkins dinner (who-hoo!) where I started to draw on my hand. That's when Travis accused me of being weird. Travis said I was weird. Yeah. I mean, I am weird, but to have Travis actually say that I'm weird sort of makes it official.
>When you're listening to whatever you're listening to, do you get
>goosebumps at certain passages? Do you have to stop what you're doing so
>you can listen more intently? Focus to lose the filters?
Joe and I went to some place so he could dance. Since I'm clean, I was pretty bored but I had a sharpie and a right hand with no ink on it.
>I do.
Today was not the last day recording at the studio. One more week and then we'll be done. Mixing should prove to be more interesting than listening to Joe sing the chorus to "Jerkwater" over and over.
>And I wish you could understand. Like floating in a puddle of thoughts for a
>while.

No comments: