Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Here Today

Gone tomorrow. Joe put a U2 "rarity" on a CD called "Last Daze of Smoking." I also have a copy of that song which I got when I bought ATYCLB. It's just an incomplete "Beautiful Day." Different lyrics, different guitar ideas, but the song was hiding in there.

Today is a Beautiful Day. No. Scratch that, I'm tired and stuck in a Tropical Jesus. Some lady walked past me today as I was switching jobs and said, "You better hope you don't get cancer. You're gunna get cancer." She was smiling and seemed happy. She was talking directly to me. I know because I was lighting up a cigarette. Not just a cigarette, a Camel Ultralight. The second to last one in the pack. Once I finish this post, I'm going to go outside and smoke the last one. I didn't have time to respond to her that 1) all things give you cancer in this day and age. 2)I'm an addict and regardless of the consequences, I can't hate the addiction as much as I hate myself. 3)Cancer is the bodys ability to be immortal gone fishing.

I read a story by a Hungarian author about an idea that Cancer is nothing more than the body trying to heal itself and keep us young and healthy and alive. Unfortunately, after the fall of man a/k/a Adam and Eve's devour-ation of the fruit of the the tree of knowledge of good and evil, Gee Whiz took away our cell's ability to "know" how to properly administer the procedure of regeneration and the modern form of Cancer as we know it comes from this. There was also a story in that book about a brothel run by gypsys that, upon entering, one wouldn't be able to leave for an extended period of time (say 50-75 years) but not have aged more than a day.

I'm not really here today. Tropical Jesus. I just want to go to the gym and then read some more of the Social Contract.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are you going to get for Mom for mother's day and that other day we celebrate for her just before then?

Dean ASC said...

Brothel for 50 years without ageing. Wasn't that one of the original cast 'Star Trek' episodes? I think it was the one where a namless flunky in a red shirt dies and then Kirk has sex with a green woman.

RicketyFunk said...

I got her a card on the inbetween day. She said she didn't want anything. The usual.

We did go to Casa Bianca for pizza on Friday. I kept quoting Amy Seadris as Jerri Blank. "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza."