Sunday, May 14, 2006

Um, Whatever

I wrote a song this weekend called, "I Hate My Friends." I think that I should change the name to, "I Hate This Song," but I really do hate my friends. (Not really, sheesh, get over yourselves.) It has this repeating 404 track that just drones on and I've been trying out different guitar parts over top of it and the only things that seem to work are these damn cheesy keyboard parts that I write.

I gave the song that title because I'm sick of my friends doing the same damn things every weekend and every weeknight. I crave adventure. I crave excitement. I crave Brains. We did get out friday night to see the Gusto. Pat used to play with Dave in Plan B, and no not the shitty emo group with the same moniker. Pat put his guitar behind his head and played a sweet solo. I was watching him after he did it and it took at least 30 seconds before the smile cracked on his face. You know the smile I'm talking about, the one where you know you just pulled something off and it kicked ass. (like the guy doing the mid-air splits.) I'd never seen him do that before. After the show, I was talking to him about that and he said he hadn't done it before, but it was all in all pretty easy to do. Pat's a skilled guitarist even without that added "glitter."

I have been getting numerous phone calls this weekend. So many people need my advice or something. I have no advice, or my advice is this, "Listen to more Primus."

I hate my friends.

Love, Zach

2 comments:

RicketyFunk said...

reel eyez? what the fuq? you suck too!!!

Anonymous said...

I have an emo blog its http://www.emoequality.blogspot.com come check it out