Monday, April 24, 2006

A brief pause

Someone has a link to this site and I "browsed" over to it today. One of the headlines caught my eye. After reading that one article I went to their economic articles archive. I only scanned headlines but it's more than overwhelming for me to even comment.

This is all stuff that seems to be undercurrents that I can feel on a daily basis. I say feel because I'm not keyed in on it with laser-accurate precision but I have a sense of impending doom. Like when I have gone spelunking. There's always been a phantom in the back of my mind convincing me that there will be an eventual collapse.

"Kingdoms rise and kingdoms fall and you go out."

(I'll get back to the science thing, I swear)

2 comments:

Dean ASC said...

Process serving and evictions will probably be a growth industry. By the way, are you the guy who looks like Ben Folds or are you the one who needs a shave? If you need a shave, is that Ben Folds?

RicketyFunk said...

I am the unshaven one and yes, that is Ben Folds. I can't believe that I've seen him perform three times in the last year.

This picture was take out back of the Orpheum Theater in Madison. Kristin and I figured out that he would be signing autographs out back rather than by the bus because in October when we saw him, we were the suckers standing by the bus and missed out.