Friday, April 21, 2006

Science on stage again

I wanted to say some stuff about the cost of health care but that'll have to wait. Health care isn't cheap anymore because of Malpractice suits and "advancing tecknological developmental research."

I wanted to continue with this exploration of scientific knowledge/religious knowledge.

I drove to Platteville yesterday and thought about the comment left on the post labeled Science. I didn't have a good answer until this afternoon which comes closer to what I think I was getting at. Scientific knowledge is only a form of understanding of the world around us through inductive reasoning except the conclusions are more acute in their resolves. Religious "faith-based" scientific arguments offer a different resolve based on a different "interpretational" apporach to the outcome of ((process) on an (object)). (Which would be a form of the scientific method.

Essentially Scientific Method is set up like this:
Process (P) is used on Object (Q) -- (P on Q)
Perform (P on Q) and obtain result (R1).
Repeat (P on Q) and obtain result (R2).
Repeat (P on Q) and obtain result (R3). etc...

Analyze data set (R1:R?) and interpret results.

So what we have is a way to understand or to more accurately predict an event or outcome.

More to come later

1 comment:

k.barrick said...

I'm not dead by the way. Just to let you know. Also have all my phones unplugged so... yeah.. E-mail me.