Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A small "semantics" issue

I was watching Adult Swim last night and was throughly disgusted by what I saw.

Saved By the Bell is NOT ANIMATED. It is not entertaining. It just plain sucks.

Fuck Cartoon Network!

Pardon the language but if it's not animated, then they should be showing it on some other crappy Turner network. Even as much as I would like to Mr. Show episodes re-run during adult swim, I feel that that would be lying under oath to program only shows that remain and will always be animated. Saved By the Bell was dead before it even ran.

I do have one brief kudos to dish out though. The bump with the embossed Jessie Spanno dancing and singing "I'm so excited" over and over again as she breaks down all played in slow-motion was great. But it was modified to be considered animation (Almost) and in a forgiving sort of way that blurs the line between "Waking Life" and "The Lords of the Rings Part 1" (the old-school animated deal) (and if you want links, to bad, I aint doin it.) (Parenthetical asides aside)

I miss the days of rolling my eyes at Baby Blues and having to sit through an entire Sunday evening of re-run Oblongs and Big O only to have to struggle to keep my eyes open to watch Home Movies. I won't be staying up late to watch re-runs of Saved By the Bell. I've seen 'em all and making me watch them again isn't going to make me want to get the DVD's. The same holds for The Friends. Terrible programs.

The end.

2 comments:

James and Steve said...

THANK YOU! Good golly, I don't know why but the fact that they're wasting a timeslot that could be filled with something NOT RETARDED fills me with rage.

Dean ASC said...

Put me down for a wide open can of whoop ass for the genius behind this.