Tuesday, April 11, 2006

An extra 10 inches

There's something about sleeping. There's something about sleeping in my bed. There's something about sleeping in my bed now. There's something about sleeping in my bed now that I like.

An extra 10 inches.

I put it on stilts so that I could fit some rubbermaid storage tubs underneath it. It's suddenly my new favorite place in the house.

Putting it on stilts did involve going to Home Despot. Sure, I could have gone to Menards but I know HD layout a lot better. I know that the dowells are in millwork. I know that glue is in paint. I know that cleaning supplies are in indoor garden. Maybe working for that evil corporate monstrosity wasn't so bad in hindsight.

"I could get a straigh job. I've done it before. I don't mind working hard, it's who I'm working for"

1 comment:

Dean ASC said...

We went from a regular depth mattress to a "california king" that's 14 inches deep. I had to build a stool for Lisa to climb in bed. Now the remote on the TV doesn't work unless I bounce the IR beam off the ceiling. The cable box is below the horizon at the foot of the bed.