Thursday, April 13, 2006

Good fer nuttin'

So this evening I'm suddenly feeling a little more awake. It's hard to say why. Could probably be the full moon. The werewolves are about tonight. They do exist in southern Wisconsin if you listen to anything Travis has to say. Most people don't.

I finally got my stupid state taxes out the door. I've been sitting on them for a month and a half now, or rather, they've been sitting on the floor of my truck waiting to get into the mail. Ugh.

I also had a surprise serve tonight. I went to a trailer park to serve two evictions at one address only to discover that I actually had been given three evictions at two addresses. The sweetest thing was that I made $35.00 instead of $20.00 for the same amount of work. And I don't have to drive back there two more times to post and mail their asses out of their trailers.

I also FINALLY got that stupid picture scanned in from the Ben Folds concert. (Only a month now.)

Peace out for now

Or as Ms. Bell used to write in her Diary. I like Ben better than Zach.

3 comments:

Dean ASC said...

If it were me, I'd be getting high mileage out of the stories behind serving summons and evictions. I'm sure you've seen some winners.

RicketyFunk said...

The stires from serving evictions are about exciting as the usual pizza delivery story, if not a bit more boring. I get a lot more of the life story than I want regarding the case or the person suing the person I'm giving the papers to but that's about it. No threats, no guns or knives or punches. Just people who can't settle their civil problems without a mediator of the court.

Dean ASC said...

Well, yes. But the stories behind these hapless folk are real stories. Honest stories that probably tell more about the status and possible fate of our grand republic then stories about Nicole Richie insulting Paris Hilton or Lindsey Lohans low speed accident trying to get away from paparazzi for a quiet afternoon shopping.