Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Down and out.

I've been swamped with work. A 'ghost' from the past is pleasantly haunting the windows. "The funds" situation is keeping me blue. New line of work seems to be the only answer. I've been saying that since July. Talked to a person about a part-time job lead at a law firm. I doubt I'll hear back about that. Had a job offer at a fucking call center. Hell no! I don't talk on the phone for eight hours a day. I also learned that Boyne Resorts apparently bought all of the chain lodgings in Big Sky and turned them into satellite places to hole up more guests. No more, "Comfort Inn at Big Sky, this is Zach."

I did finally pick up Fullmetal Alchemist volume 9 this weekend. I have 1 - 8 and I received 10 and 11 for that holiday where you get gifts and it isn't even your birthday. I almost want to say that Fullmetal is getting to the point that all manga get to after the initial story takes off. Soap Opera City. It's a nice town to visit but around volume 17, I know I'm going to get bored. Same thing happened in Boys Over Flowers. Don't get me wrong, I love reading Boys Over Flowers, but I've fallen off on that whole story. Not enough time and not enough interest. (that and reading about Tsukushi and Tsukasa was like Jim and Pam on the office, american version, but with all out fighting.)

Okay? I'm not... for now.

Instead of posting more of nothing, I'll just put my reply to adorable girlfriend's comment on the last post (the one about my tattoo pictures) here to fill up space.

Well then, your expectations, AG, are far higher than I could ever aspire to reach.

These symbols are not for the "alterna-freak"-1995-fetish-fest I attend every third saturday down at the swap meet behind the Holiday Inn next to the Circle K.

The calves are a personal map. Much like the twin phoenix on my arms are reminders, the bars on my neck are a definition, and the Circle on my back is me.

Tattoos are not pictures in magazines in my world. To stroll into a shop and get something off of a flash sheet, "just because," is not in my vocabulary. Neither is quasi-nasi-neo-plasm.

And if you wanted to discuss this blogs new look, you didn't really specify the new look. The only thing that's changed is the bio pic. Did you want to discuss that? Does the fact that you can see the whites of my eyes disturb you? I know it kinda disturbs me.

And I think Dean should encourage me not only to waste time in my class... that I teach... at the rec center... with the raccoons... and the cheese curds, but also make more suggestions like the one about "squirrel fishing."

2 comments:

Cori said...

At least you don't have any tattoos stolen from a tv show like SOME people I know.

Dean ASC said...

Those goofy little bastards will hold on until you lift them up off the ground. They usually let go but some will ride the end of your fishing line for a long while.