Thursday, January 04, 2007

There seems to be a flow in the atmosphere that's making me a bit angry.

I've been noticing things like the fact that the lakes in Madison have yet to freeze over.

I've been noticing that there's no snow.

I've been noticing that plants that should be brown and dormant are not.

I've been noticing that the rust spots on my truck aren't getting exponentially bigger this "winter" due to the lack of salt all over the roads.

I saw some kite surfers out yesterday. They were getting ready to climb into lake Monona. It was 47 F out. They had wetsuits.

Last year Kites On Ice was canceled due to funding, I think it might have been brought back by people who just decided to do it without all the money, but this year, if it's even planned, it'll be kites on water, with people in fucking pontoon boats.
“We created Polar Jam as a replacement for Kites on Ice,” says Keith Peterson, Madison Festival’s event manager. “Kites was a very popular event, but in recent years the weather situation in Wisconsin became too iffy. It was anybody’s guess whether or not there was even going to be any ice for the kiters to fly on.”

There's a big X-country ski race that's going to happen in the next few weeks on the capitol square. Last year, they had to truck in an ungodly amount of artifical snow. This year, it'll be the same story. Thank god the trucks they are using to haul all of that fake snow run on eco-friendly fuels like hydrogen or water.

Fuck Global Climate Change!

No comments: