Monday, January 15, 2007

MLK

It would be a perfect day to be listening to "The Unforgettable Fire" but instead I'm jamming on Michelle Shocked's "Dub Natural."

I sat through the President's interview on 60 Minutes last night and found myself asking questions to the television and T-Rex (since he was there.) I don't understand how our Executive branch administration defines success in Iraq. I really don't get what he was saying. He kept being asked about his decision to send more troops and why and all he could say was that he wanted success. He didn't define success. He didn't explain why more troops would take us closer to "success."

I feel like he's either not a very good businessman or a very good businessman. Businessmen don't give up their secrets. Businessmen also know what their plan of action is. They don't show up to work and say, "What the hell am I going to do today?" They have plans laid out for their goals of where they want to be in the future. They're more likely to say, "What needs to get done so that our six month goal is met?"

Is he unable to tell the citizens of this country what his goals are? Does he have a plan for his "Success?" Or are we just doing this by the seat of our pants?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in a word, his strategy (sadly)is "pants"...love your choice of Michelle Shocked's Dub Natural though...