Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It seems cold outside today

Walking to work this morning (for the five minutes I was outside) was a challenge. I was carrying my cup o' coffee and a cigarette with no gloves on. I don't wear gloves, for the most part, due to the fact that I'm usually not outside for any extended period of time. It also interferes with my ability to smoke on my walk. (I have oversized gloves used for snowboarding.)

In short, I had a difficult time using my hands for the first twenty minutes I was at work.

But... the point of the post is this.

Greenland is melting!

I'm not happy to read this. 10K of ice seems like a lot to me. I will admit that I don't know how much is "a lot", but this is alarming.

And the 17% of US citizens that support the war want to be able to get their fossil fuels for cheap, guaranteed. Things have changed since the election last November. We'll see if things continue to change in the coming months. Maybe get warmer too. (We--Meaning the people who dislike winter, cold, and snow (myself not included)--can only hope.)

No comments: