Monday, January 08, 2007

This is not a guitar.

I am at home today. Didn't have time to post at work. I did have time to catch up on RodAnon and then I got distracted by the Greek Mythology link he had. I couldn't figure the explanation of where the second divinity came from and what happened to the first or what have you... i.e. Kromdor 2 was worshiped by children in order to win the favor of the candycane hole fairies.

What?

So I'm pretty much just pulling this one out of thin air with Antiques Roadshow boring me to death. Mmmm... Maker's Mark... Oh wait, not the fine malt beverage to be enjoyed but an actual mark of a maker put on an object that could be cashed in.

I think I should expand on the last post, point 1. I went to a fund raiser on Saturday night for a guy I went to high school with. He has bone marrow cancer and he is going to have a hell of a time scraping together funds to pay for the operations. Some of the people who showed up were people from high school who I didn't have much to do with during our time together in forced institutional learning facility bondage but I have this ideal in my head that just because we didn't have much to do with each other then, maybe we might share something now. I'm open to what life has to offer. That said, I later found out that they were only there because several of them had donated items to be auctioned off and it was more about promoting their respective businesses over and above their concern for raising money for the man the event was for. That made me kinda mad.

I also talked to some people about Andy, my friend who passed away last year. He was good friends with the guy who has cancer. I was expecting more of Andy's (my) friends to show up but they didn't. I guess they had better things to do.

3. I don't really remember what that was about. I kinda just went off. I did have some fun learning what Krumpin' is. And then proceeding to "Krump" my two friends, Charity, and Alison who couldn't Krump me back. Sure I looked like a freak, but when do I not.

I also learned this great story to drop on people who don't know me or haven't seen me for a few weeks. It goes a little like this,

Me: Man, I've been so tired and sick these last few weeks.
Person I'm Telling the Story To: Oh really, what's wrong?
Me: I was feeling awful a few weeks ago, not eating and what I could eat was shooting right through me.
Person I'm Telling the Story To: That's disgusting.
Me: Yeah but then I ended up in the hospital because I was starting to get dehydrated and it turned out that I had an Inflamed Colon.
Person I'm Telling the Story To: Should you be drinking with that?
Me: My doctor says I shouldn't, but I do anyway.

1 comment:

RicketyFunk said...

K. Enger. You remember him right?

The guilty parties included Conger and Bowers. Those guys are pricks.